A blend is a mixture of different kinds of tea.
Popular tea blends
- Earl Grey, one of the most popular blends. Various black teas are blended and flavored with bergamot oil.
- Lady Grey
- English Breakfast Tea, a blend of strong black tea such as Assam and Ceylon.
- Prince of Wales tea blend, a blend from different Chinese black teas.
- Afternoon tea
- Russian Caravan tea, a blend of Chinese Keemun or black tea as Dian Hong. Often it also contains a little Lapsang Souchong and sometimes too oolong. The name goes back to the transport caravans from China to Russia.
- Ostfriesentee is a blend of several black teas.